Thursday, September 13, 2012

Your Dream Life



There are many excuses for failing to live a dream life.  Many people don't even have a picture in their minds about what a dream life really is.  In my teenage years, I considered my life more as a nightmare.  I blamed my circumstances and other people for the roadblocks to my dreams.  The biggest problem was me -- I failed to hold myself accountable for my own life.  Here is how I turned my nightmare into a dream life:

  1. I made a decision to focus on my strengths rather than my weaknesses.  You know what your talents are.  Don't waste your time trying to do something you are not cut out to do and choose to focus on the areas of your life where you have gifts.
  2. I stopped blaming others for my failures.  I own all my problems.  As long as I'm accountable, I will find a way to fix the problem.
  3. I made a decision to forgive all the people who tormented me or hurt me.
  4. I figured out that some people who love you are afraid you will fail.  And people who hate you are afraid you will succeed.  Don't allow either group to prevent you from living the dream life.  The key is to stop being afraid of the life you are born to live.
  5. Roadblocks are necessary.  The dream life is not an easy life; it's a life filled with learning how to get past all the obstacles in your way.  Learn how to dig tunnels under the roadblocks.  Find a way to pole vault over a tall obstacle.  Become a champion rock climber.  Enlist the help of others to smash through a wall.
In order to live a dream life, you must not desire easy.  You must desire challenging.  The bigger the challenges, the more rewarding your life is.  Make your life an adventure.

No comments: