Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Why The Honey Do List Never Expires



I thought four days of house painting would be enough.  I was wrong.  I underestimated the time it takes to prepare the rooms before the actual painting begins.  In past years, this project would have been assigned to a professional.  Now that I'm getting serious about debt reduction, these jobs are part of my honey do list.  As long as my wife keeps getting ideas from the home improvement channel on HG TV, my honey do list will never expire. 

The truth is, I really don't want the list to expire.  I understand her love language.  Nothing compares to seeing the look in her eyes when I do something for her that is outside my comfort zone.  She knows I'm technically challenged when it comes to repairing things that break or doing home improvement projects.  That's why I'm calling my latest assignment "the eighth wonder of the world." 

It's time to get back to work on her list.  My reward will be that sparkle in her eye when she admires my labor of love. 

No comments: