Friday, July 20, 2012

Your To Do List Is Your Friend

Why do some people seem buried in chores while others seem to be having fun all the time?  For me, the answer lies in my ability to get things done so I have more free time.  I used to hide from my to do list.  Not anymore.  I don't have time to be unorganized.  My to do list is now my best friend.  Here are some ideas to help you have more free time in your life:
  1. Change your attitude about to do lists.  They are only your enemy if you avoid them and let them get out of control.  
  2. Stay close to your to do list.  Carry it with you at all times.  Review it throughout the day.
  3. Actively search for items to add to the list.  Ask your family for ideas on projects that need to be done.
  4. Teach other family members to maintain their own lists.  When the family is on the same page, it's easier to get things done.
  5. Defer fun activities until your to do list is complete.
Every morning when I wake up, I look forward to my to do list.  One of the first items is to write a story for this blog.  Today marks the 1,059th consecutive day of blogging.  That's 1,059 times in-a-row that I've tackled my top priority for each day.  As a result of consistent blogging, I've been able to build a world-wide readership that now exceeds 47,000 page views.  Are you ready to make your to do list your best friend today?  Let me know how it goes.

No comments: