Last night my manager sent me a text message about our latest membership count. He promised the team he would change his hair color to any color we selected as long as we reached 13,000 new members by close of business last night. The final tally? 13,002! The best part about reaching this new all-time company record for new store openings is that I was in charge for two days leading up to this climax while my boss took a break and my team performed flawlessly.
My driver license may list my age as 52, however, I feel much more alive than ever. Here are some ideas to help you raise the bar on your vitality:
- Rest before you get tired. I make sure to take at least one day of rest every week. During work, I make sure to take all my breaks.
- Stay balanced. Have fun on your days off and spend time with family and friends.
- Find a hobby. I enjoy writing daily. The key is to pursue the joyful things in your life.
- Do work that brings you satisfaction. I can't believe how much fun I'm having as membership supervisor.
- Be grateful. I'm surprised at the blessings falling from the sky every day. Acknowledge those blessings.