Sunday, July 1, 2012

Do You Have Trust Issues?

My trust policy is black and white.  Until another person does something to lose my trust in them, I trust them.  Once trust is lost, it's very difficult to earn it back.  There are two examples that illustrate both ends of the spectrum.  Let's begin with Satan, a fallen Angel who once had God's favor.  I'm sure the other Angels who followed Satan now regret turning away from God.  These fallen Angels are so angry that they will say and do anything to get us to trust and follow them.  Their promises are empty.  They no longer have God's light inside them.  It would be crazy to trust them.

Jesus has a stellar record of promises kept.  He followed through every time He made a promise, including rising from the dead.  I trust Him 100%.  Even though I made many mistakes in my past, He looks past my errors and still trusts me to return to Him. 

While you may have trust issues with certain people in your life, make sure you place your trust in Jesus.  Be careful about one thing -- sometimes Jesus says no.  Just because he turns down a prayer request, it doesn't mean you should lose your trust in Him.  In fact, when He says no it's probably so you can learn a lesson or because He has something else better for you.  He may be saying no to a cure for your cancer because He wants you to be in Heaven with Him soon.  Don't stop trusting Him when He says no.

The last promise Jesus made before His Houdini act 2,000 years ago was, "I'll be back."  Do you trust Him to return for you?  I'm betting on His track record of every promise kept.  I trust Him.  How about you?  Do you have trust issues with Jesus?  Please leave your comments below.

No comments: