Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Is Your Life a Breathtaking Journey?



Nearly five months have passed since I sold my California home and took the leap of faith into an unknown galaxy also known as Iowa.  I feel like a young captain Kirk who boarded his Starship Enterprise for the first time.  When he entered the bridge, he had no clue what was in the stars.   I am a rookie supervisor serving as first officer; every once in a while when my manager is away I get to sit in the captain's chair.  We have already journeyed further on our maiden voyage than any previous ship in our vast fleet of over six hundred.  What a coincidence that my job is just sixteen miles from Riverside, Iowa, Captain Kirk's birthplace.

It's no secret where our power source is located.  Just as a starship needs dilithium crystals for interstellar travel, I need the Holy Spirit to power my ship.  Every day is a new adventure.  Jesus invites you to sit in the captain's chair.  He will give you everything you need to go on a breathtaking journey that will last an entire lifetime.  Are you ready?  Just say, "Beam me up, Jesus."  And don't worry about the dilithium crystals -- you will have enough power to reach the end of the universe.

No comments: