Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Condition Your Circumstances

“To get up each morning with the resolve to be happy is to set our own conditions to the events of each day.  To do this is to condition circumstances instead of being conditioned by them.”
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I don't need to make any excuses for my personal happiness.  I'm happy.  Life is an adventure for me.  It will always be an adventure.  My circumstances are only a calendar of events.  It doesn't matter if I find myself in the middle of Winter or if Spring is on the horizon.  Each season has its place and its own lessons to learn.  I'm happy 365 days a year.  Period.

Ralph Waldo Emerson hits the nail on the head. He resolved to be happy even though he lost three siblings during his childhood and his father died two weeks prior to his 18th birthday.  Are you ready to condition your circumstances?  Why not start today?

No comments: