My wife and I will be celebrating our 23rd anniversary in three days. We are now living just five miles from her birthplace, also the location where we got married. I've learned many lessons in the last twenty-three years of married life; the most important one is why love matters. I consider it the single most important life lesson. Here are some thoughts about why I think love matters:
- The love you give to another can forever change two lives-- yours and theirs.
- No matter what goes wrong in your life, love can get you through it.
- When you truly love another, it's impossible to hate.
- If you love others, you can get through any relationship issues, even when you don't like them.
- Jesus commands us to love others for a reason-- it's good for the soul.