Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Birthday to Remember

I celebrated my 52nd birthday yesterday -- my first one in my new hometown.  If my life were a football game, half-time ended a couple of years ago and the third quarter of my life is now underway.  Just as football coaches make corrections at half-time and make a game plan for the final two quarters, I'm doing the same thing with my life.

I really feel good about the fine-tuning I'm doing.  My whole team is on the same page.  Each "player" is contributing to the well-being of our family.  The high of 105∘didn't stop our 4th of July fun.  We attended a parade that passed thru the town square before checking out an amazing display of fireworks.  The thirty minute show was only 300 yards from our back yard.

I would like to thank all my friends and family for making me feel so special yesterday.  Our home was filled with many relatives from my wife's side of the family; we will never forget the hospitality of our friends, neighbors, and family members.

No comments: