Friday, July 6, 2012

The Heat is On


We are facing temperature highs of 105〫today in Iowa.  The heat wave is not slowing down the stream of customers flocking to our new warehouse.  Yesterday on my day off, I got a call from one of the staff-level managers asking me to come in and handle the large crowds signing up for new memberships.  It was another record-breaking day.  Even though our location has only been open eight days, we will have 9,000 new members by noon today.  I love breaking records.  By tomorrow, the temperatures will cool down and we expect to see even larger crowds.  Our target is 10,000 new members by the end of the weekend.   This is what happens when you hire the best people and do things right every day, every time.

If you are facing high temperatures, be careful.  The most important thing you can do is stay hydrated.  I will be drinking plenty of fluids as we seek to break the all-time record for a new warehouse opening.  Looks like I'm going to be very busy in my new job.  Yes, the heat is on.

No comments: