Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Are You Making a Difference?

The roller coaster ride at my new job paused for two days and I got a chance to enjoy my family.  It's been fun breaking all the records and learning new tasks, however, my life was out of balance for a while due to the large crowds of people my team helped since our grand opening.  Here are some discoveries I made during my reflection time:
  1. Appreciate the time you have with your family.  The best way you can say, "I love you" is to spend time with your loved ones.
  2. Everybody has a dream or a passion.  Help your family discover theirs and guide them on their journey.
  3. Be willing to share your weaknesses.   Your spouse and your children don't need a superhero, they need someone they can relate to.  
  4. Don't procrastinate.  When things pile up, they get in the way of spending quality time with your family. 
  5. Don't spend more than 40 hours at work.  Learn to spread the work load around so you can make a difference at home.
I'm thankful for these last two days with my family.  I'm also thankful for the lessons I'm learning.  Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share my thoughts with you today.  Would you like to share about how you make a difference?  I would be honored to hear from you.

No comments: