Friday, September 3, 2021

Victory!



This is a follow-up from yesterday's post, "It's a Game of Seconds and Inches."  The story appeared to end in defeat.  That's the beauty of new days and the clean slates that come with them.  I'm happy to report a happy ending to the story.  I reserved the next size up of Uhaul trucks and returned the one that was inches too small to get our shed home.  The gentleman at the counter offered me a refund from the first truck since it didn't fit my needs.  That was totally unexpected since the size error was my fault.  That picture you see here doesn't show the ear-to-ear smile I'm sporting but it does show what can happen when you don't give up.  The shed is in the back yard and ready for us to replace all the nuts and bolts we removed during our efforts to disassemble the shed.

I would like to give a shout out to our neighbor who occupies the other half of our split-zone property.  He laughed hilariously when I shared the story on my way to work yesterday.  Later in the day he sent me a text giving me permission to move the shed about a foot over the property line so we wouldn't lose our view outside the basement window.  Another shout out goes to our youngest son who offered to help with the transportation.  All is well in our household.  This victory feels really good.  Have a great day.

No comments: