Friday, September 24, 2021

It's Getting Exciting

 This roller coaster I've been riding is now at it's highest point.  The journey up has been going on for years.  There have been many days when the ride stalled and I just sat there looking up at the sky wondering if a gathering of angels may appear to help me gain traction.  Prayer warriors know in their hearts that silence doesn't mean no.  Believers will tell you the angels are responding, "not yet."  They know God's will.  They can only offer aid when the prayer request is in alignment with God's will.

I recall one prayer that I prayed leading up to adulthood.  It was also a time in my life when lacked the spiritual maturity to understand God's ways.  I will never understand God's ways.  What I'm learning is that when you pray and don't hear back it's not because God doesn't care, it's because God knows perfectly what you need and what you're asking for is not what's best even in very troubling situations when you feel all alone.  Since I wasn't getting any answers, I changed my request.  I asked for wisdom.  Daily.  This was pretty much my only prayers.  I thought to myself, God, if you're not going to intervene in the midst of all my problems, how about some wisdom so I can get by on my own?"  Guess what?  More challenges.  A slew of challenges.  I've been in enough predicaments that if they came with frequent flyer miles I would be eligible for a lifetime of free flights.

I'm old enough now to understand that I'm never alone.  Never.  Even on that often-stalled roller coaster box car I'm sitting in, God is right next to me.  I recall days where looking at your watch could get you in trouble because it meant you were implying others were moving to slow.  Maybe that's what God sees when he watches me from above.  I'm trying to live my life according to my timeline.  God says, "Sorry, my son.  We're on my timeline.  I will know the perfect time to allow the next chapter to unfold."

Stay tuned for the rest of the story.  All I can say right now is it's getting exciting.  Have a great day.

No comments: