Monday, September 6, 2021

A Mother's Wish

It's almost time for wheels up.  This adventure is a day job assignment.  I'm part of the support staff for a new location opening next month in Duluth, Minnesota.  When I told my mom about the opportunity she reminded me that her favorite spiritual advisor resides in this town bordering Lake Superior.  I promised her I would reach out to her advisor and thank him for all the blessings he bestowed upon her in her quest to get closer to Jesus.  My mom scoured the internet for leaders who could help her worship from her home and she discovered Fr. Mike Schmitz.  He offers people of all faiths a seat at what he calls his "virtual front pew."  My hope is to get even one step closer than virtual reality and visit him in the flesh while I'm away from home.  That is my mother's wish for me.

I already dipped my toes in the water a couple of weeks ago when I found Fr. Mike on YouTube.  God-incidentally, I found him five minutes before his 9am Sunday morning virtual service.  Mom tells me she is always sending others to his videos and now I understand why.  It's rare to find leaders who know how to inspire, especially in times like these when large gatherings are discouraged.  If you would like a taste of my mother's spiritual leader, click below for a sampling.  Have a great day.



No comments: