Thursday, September 2, 2021

It's a Game of Seconds and Inches

 Sometimes I move too fast for my own good.  Yesterday was one of those days.  My wife asked me to find us a storage shed and there happened to be a display model at my day job that was perfect for our needs.  I purchased it before my shift and told my boss I would take it home before the end of the day.  That's where it gets interesting.  The Uhaul closed at 7pm and I was off at 6:15.  I reserved a truck and picked it up before closing time.  Unfortunately, the truck was inches to small to fit the fully built shed.  It was 7:04 when I attempted to call and get a larger truck.  Too late.  My youngest son and I did the next best thing, disassembling the shed to make it fit.  The good news is we were able to get the top off.  The bad news is we discovered these sheds cannot be disassembled.  

Today is a new day.  It's time to allow for the extra inches we need to fit our shed in a larger truck.  While I cannot recover the seconds I missed yesterday, I can reset the clock and try again today.  Have a great day.

No comments: