Tuesday, September 28, 2021

3 Months and 3 Days to Go

There are three goals I'm shooting for just three months and three days from today.  There have been many times on this journey when I was tempted to throw in the towel.  The most nagging obstacle for me concerns those nagging inner voices who keep telling me how unqualified I am to be doing the things I'm attempting to do.  For example, I'm writing about financial independence and my track record on this is absolutely pathetic.  Who in their right mind would even care about my perspective?  Another voice in my head is becoming louder as each day passes.  This voice says, "Michael, I often call the unqualified."  It appears to me that Jesus loves projects.  He qualifies the called.  He teaches me to trust him in all things, especially in the areas of my life where I sometimes feel like a fool.

I will be sharing some rather embarrassing stories with you soon.  Should I stumble before I reach my targets, please forgive me.  It's not easy running marathons with blindfolds on.  I've been working on trust issues all my life.  I believe in my heart that the reason Jesus calls the unqualified is so that others can see Jesus at work rather than the laborer who is called to do the work.  I give all the credit for all the good in my life to Jesus.  He will get the glory when I cross the finish line.  I'm showing up every day and I'm doing what he asks of me.  Stay tuned.  Have a great day.

No comments: