Monday, September 27, 2021

The Hauntings Won't End Until These Two Things Happen

 Just like Ebenezer Scrooge in Charles Dickens' story, "A Christmas Carol," I'm facing three ghosts from my past, present, and future.  I know why they inhabit my mind like unwanted guests who have stayed longer than what my comfort zone can tolerate.  Their purpose is to keep me focused on the finish line.  These spirits are benign compared to the "others" who sometimes seem to outnumber and out-maneuver my three ghosts.  

I'm going to use Michelangelo as an example of what it's like to be taunted by the spirit world, be they friendly or unfriendly.  There you are, strutting around because you're on top of the world and you're feeling good about your creations.  Then it happens.  You walk by that slab of rock and you see something inside that can transform it.  You walk by because you're busy.  You can't get the image of what that rock can turn into if you get busy.  Then, the voices call out.  The dark spirits remind you how nice the weather is and how postponing your chiseling time really won't matter.  The friendly spirits from your past, present and future chime in and caution you about what will happen if you die and leave that slab of rock behind.  The only way the hauntings will stop is if you chisel.  I have two slabs of rock in front of me today and I need to chisel, chisel, and chisel until I'm done.  I have to tune out the voices from the others that keep trying to distract me until I'm done.  Have a great day.

No comments: