Monday, September 13, 2021

Dear Mom

 It wasn't easy to find him.  I did it.  It was like using Google to locate him but the privacy settings were set to stealth mode.  I thought maybe I blew it when I was searching for the location of his Sunday night service and couldn't find anything.  He was like the Klingon Bird of Prey that had a cloaking device to keep the tourists out who might disturb the prime directive, helping his college students find Jesus.  Frank and Marilyn, seated in front of me, said the same thing about finding him.  There are so many cathedrals around Duluth and they went to the wrong one before arriving at the packed service.

The world may believe that Jesus is losing popularity these days because attendance is dropping among our youth.  COVID-19 really shook things up.  When I think about what's going on, I can see why they think like that.  I just wanted to write you and let you know I stood in line to shake Fr. Mike's hand and tell him how much you appreciate his virtual services.  I really liked it when Fr. Mike acknowledged something that's been troubling me since my high school days.  That is division in the world.  What bothers me most is the division amongst the believers.  Well, Fr. Mike has a group on campus and even the atheists are welcome.  He's doing his best to share Jesus in ways we rarely see.

If anyone else is reading this letter, I'm going to keep Fr. Mike's location top secret out of respect for his mission and instead pass on his message on my blog.  Fr. Mike was happy to hear how much you enjoy his messages.

Fr. Mike asked me how long I'm staying in Duluth.  I responded I would be here one more Sunday and maybe longer.  Thank you for encouraging me to find him.  This is a treasure hunt experience I will never forget.  Have a great day.

Love, 

Michael 

No comments: