Sunday, September 12, 2021

Lessons on the Road

 There is an advantage to working in areas away from my home.  Sure, I miss my wife and the opportunity for family time.  She allows me the opportunity to travel because I come home with new wisdom acquired from lessons on the road.  I already know in my heart today is going to be one of those days.  It's a sunny, brisk morning and temps will go above 70° today.  I also have a second day off in a row.  The laundry is almost done and I'm going to get my haircut so I can appear a bit more civilized when I get back to work tomorrow in Duluth.

There is something on today's calendar that intrigues me.  It's an evening worship service with a pastor who is lighting up YouTube with virtual masses.  My wife and I did this the last couple of Sunday mornings together.  Tonight will be live.  What comes to mind is a quote from the east, When the student is ready, the teacher appears.  This teacher happens to be an ordained priest who specializes in serving the youth at the University of Minnesota.  I'm hoping he might be able to teach an old dog new tricks.  I'm counting my blessings I get to go to the cathedral tonight for some worship.  The true test will be when I return home to my wife.  I'm hoping she notices a new sparkle in my eye.  Have a great day.

No comments: