Friday, September 17, 2021

The Visitor Who Changed My Life

 I don't know who he is or where he's from. I don't know where he worships or what his denomination may be.  He may not even be from this world.  I've heard it said there are angels disguised as men and women who show up when a gentle nudge from Heaven is helpful.  What I do know is my life changed when he visited my church while I was living in Southern California.  

My first novel, "The Caveman in the Mirror," is fiction.  It was inpired by loved ones in my life who do their best to remain out of public view.  It was the visitor who lit a fire within me when he shared his thoughts about understanding God's love story.  That's exactly what the Bible is, a love story.  We are the characters.  If you're reading stories about people who are dead, you're not really getting the message.  You might try what the visitor asked our entire congregation to do, open up the Bible and pretend you're looking in a mirror.  What I saw was my past, present, and future in my character.  What will you see?  Have a great day.

No comments: