Saturday, September 18, 2021

Are You Moving Mountains Yet?

 Jesus teaches us we can move mountains if we have faith the size of a mustard seed.  Is this working for you yet?  I have a hint.  Try prayer.  I'm not there yet.  I'm doing my best to grow my teeny tiny seed.  I do trust my seed will germinate according to God's perfect timing.  Meanwhile, I'm getting a few important clues from the other side.

Just like the space we all occupy insde our bodies on this planet, there are two types of spirits who sometimes reach out to us.  I know the dark side better than I would like.  Maybe someone opened the wrong door and let them in like unwanted flies you can't get rid of.  The good side has it's own positive influencers who act like fly swatters.  One of them may have tried to get my attention the other night.  

There is a really cool building in Duluth where I'm working on an assignment at my day job.  It gets it's name from Scholastica who, along with her brother, became a saint.  Her story is she and her brother were visiting during their once-a-year break from their monestary life.  Her brother, Benedict, wanted to get home when Scholastica asked him to stay home.  It was a beautiful sunny day and Scholastica didn't want it to end.  She bowed her head and prayed.  Her tears turned into a storm so massive that Benedict was forced to stay.  Interesting story, huh?  Well, it gets better.

The other day I was driving back to my hotel room after having dinner with my teammates.  The light turned red and I lost them.  It was raining.  I pulled over to turn on my navigation and it froze.  I don't know why but I decided I could find my way back on my own.  The next thing I know I'm completely lost and my navigation is still frozen.  I finally see a familiar building.  It's Scholastica.  As I drive by, the sky erupts in one of the most beautiful flashes of lightning I've ever seen, right above Scholastica.  I tried my navigation again and it worked.  All I can say is I'm glad I made it home.  Was this a message from the other side?  Maybe yes, maybe no.  Perhaps when my mustard seed finally germinates I can better understand these strange happenings.  Have a great day.

No comments: