Wednesday, February 26, 2020

The Michelangelo Method

I've been in the depths of this distant rock quarry for what seems like an eternity.  I found myself stuck between two slabs of rock and couldn't decide which one to carve out first so I attempted to drag both of them away at the same time.  Imagine the ancient Egyptians hauling their raw materials but those rocks are so oversized that they slow everybody in the line to a snail's pace.  That's where I've been.  The distance between the chisel and my slab of granite was unfathomable.  Everyone I know wants to know how the pyramid construction is going.  Here's some good news.  I'm certain of one thing – there is a masterpiece inside my rock and I'm using the Michelangelo method for creating "The Adventures of Wilson."  I now know why the construction process was so painfully slow.  It has nothing to do with me and everything to do with God.  The triathlon watch I wear was not properly synced until now.  I'm giving myself about 40 days to chip away.  I have a secret weapon.  This imaginary place where I'm doing the work is a really interesting setting.  It's some kind of baron desert.  Jesus is with me.  I'm turning to him for help with my chiseling.  After all, once the book is complete I believe the world will observe it and see that it's origin is not from around here.  Yes, my slab of rock is Heaven sent.  All credit goes to the Creator.  I am just a chiseler who sees something special in this rock I've been hauling around for a long time.  Have a great day.

No comments: