Friday, February 21, 2020

Par for the Course February Update

The month may not be officially over but I already know there's a bogey on the scorecard.  I'm playing this debt reduction game I created to help me have fun while chipping away at my mortgage, one swing at a time.  The idea is to have my mortgage fully paid off at the end of 36 months.  This is the 14th month.  The first year got off to a horrible start with a series of bogeys in the first half of the year.  I altered my approach to the game, cut out some unnecessary bad habits and got back on track with improved scores.  This is my first bogey in the second year of playing meaning I fell short of my target for the month.  I will need some eagles down the road to make up for the shortfall.  I'm doing my best to visualize what it looks like to finish this game and be financially independent and that picture in my mind keeps me motivated.

One of the lessons I'm learning about playing my own game of debt reduction is that you can have fun while getting out of debt.  Monthly tracking helps me understand what's working and what needs improvement.  I know one thing for sure, I'm going to stay on this course until my mortgage is paid off.  Have a great day.

No comments: