Thursday, February 6, 2020

Exploring New Worlds

I only have a few minutes to report to you today.  That's because I just came out of very deep meditation.  It was so deep that I completely lost track of time.  I was relying on my wife to kiss me goodbye on her way to work but she decided to leave me to my meditation undisturbed and I didn't have any kind of time clock to wake myself back up and return to the reality of this world.  Oh my, what an experience.  It lasted more than 90 minutes.  I imagined I was in this large building with no windows.  There were rows and rows of file cabinets representing my life.  Each cabinet contained sets of files and each file was a record of my past.  My job in the meditation was to somehow organize these files and make sense of my purpose.  Apparently, the best way to look at these records is when I'm in this sort of trance I was in this morning where time stopped.  Fortunately, I woke up in time to go to my day job.

This experience began when I went downstairs into our dark basement before sunrise, turned on Vivaldi, set up a kaleidoscope on my big screen TV and closed my eyes.  My inner world came alive and I was in this record room for what seemed like five or ten minutes.  All I can say is that when I came out of my trance I was completely relaxed.  The combination of a fatigued body from the prior night of tennis and a busy work schedule set me up to go the deepest ever in my morning meditation. Wow!  There are so many files to clean up.  I will have to keep coming back until I can make sense of everything.  It's time to head to my day job.  Only time will tell what these meditations will do.  I do recommend that you give yourself time to be separate from the world.  Have a great day.

No comments: