Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Find Peace in All Surroundings

I confess there have been many times in my life when finding peace was a bit challenging.  Large families have a natural way of sparking rivalries than sometimes spill over into adulthood.  Poor choices by one can affect all others. 

I've seen two wildfires that displaced us from our neighborhood.  I've been stuck in an airplane because the outside temperature reached the danger zone of 124 degrees.  Last year it was the polar vortex that invited itself to our state with wind chills of -40 degrees causing our drainage pipes to freeze up.  During all these times I somehow managed to keep my peace.

I sat next to a retired couple at breakfast this morning.  We chatted about places we lived and they told me about their Arizona adventures.  "What time of year did you visit?" I asked.

"February," the wife answered.  "We golfed.  It was 82 degrees.  Too hot."

I wondered what they might think about other times of the year remembering that February for me in Arizona is a close to paradise as it gets.  Then I finished my breakfast and went to the pool.  The temperature was 82 degrees.  It's an easy day to find peace today.  It balances those other days when outside influences are more challenging.  Wherever you find yourself, I pray you maintain your peace in all surroundings.


No comments: