Thursday, May 31, 2012

The First Month In My New Hometown

The Town Square in Williamsburg, Iowa on Memorial Day.


What a month this has been for my family and me.  We started the month by moving our belongings out of storage and into our new home in Williamsburg.  Our daughter joined us for her summer break from college four days later.  I found a job in the marketing department surrounded by happy people who are passionate about serving our members.  And our oldest son decided to join us for a while to spend time with his relatives on my wife's side of the family.

The biggest highlight of the month was seeing the glow on my wife's face when every one of her siblings stopped by last night to celebrate her birthday.  She couldn't believe I kept her birthday present a secret--it was something I discovered while driving cross country last month and she will wear it often while working in the retail business.  If you see her, you will have to ask her what she got for her birthday.
 
I'm making new friends, however, I do miss my friends on the west coast.  I'm hoping some of them will visit me when they are in the area.  Do you remember your first month living in a new neighborhood?  What were the highlights of your relocation?  Please share your experiences in the comment section below.

No comments: