Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Note for all the Moms on Mother's Day

Today is the day we celebrate mothers.  They are like angels from Heaven.  They have eyes in the back of their head.  They sense when we are in trouble, even when we are thousands of miles away.  And they make us who we are, an extension of themselves.  They don't need words to teach us lessons.  They prefer actions.  God uses mothers to teach us about love.  They come in all shapes and sizes.  Although they may look different on the outside, each has a heart of gold inside them. 

I don't believe one day a year is enough to thank all the moms out there for all they do.  They give every day of their lives to their families and we give them back one day.  Make this day count.  Discover the love language your mother prefers and make sure you use that love language today to express your love for her.  My mother enjoys words of affirmation.  If you don't know her, maybe this little note to her will give you a glimpse:

Dear mom,

This is your day.  This day isn't enough to give you the honor you deserve.  I know you don't like computers and the Internet removes the closeness you cherish with face-to-face contact.  You prefer phone calls when it's impossible to be together in person.  Since I'm celebrating Mother's Day in the Midwest today I will miss spending your special day with you.  I will be calling you later after you go to Church and I will read this note to you.

Thanks, mom, for teaching me what love is.  Thanks for being there every time I fell down.  Thanks for the warm welcome you gave my wife when she came into my life and for treating her so kindly.  You are such a great example, not only for my siblings and my own family, you are an example for the world.  God bless you.  God bless all the mothers in this world.  This is your day.  I love you.

~Michael

No comments: