Some say it's all about being lucky. Others say it's the result of planning ahead. I think it has a great deal to do with being intentional and never giving up. The lucky breaks go to the people who are willing to pursue their dreams long after everyone else has packed their bags and gone home. Here are some ideas to help you be at the right place at the right time:
- After each strikeout, make another plate appearance.
- State your intentions in writing. Review the list every day.
- Don't hold back on your dreams and dream big.
- Pay the price--learn everything you can about what it takes to achieve your goal.
- Seek out others who always seem to be at the right place at the right time and copy their behavior.
- Look in the mirror every morning and tell yourself you are lucky.
- Be willing to step out of your comfort zone.
- Stay away from the wrong places-- places where you are tempted to lose sight of your goals.
- Develop a sense of timing when swinging the bat. Too fast? slow down. Too slow? Speed up.
- Show up every day. Your next home run may be during your next plate appearance.
Please share an experience where you were at the right place at the right time. How much was luck and how much was because of your perseverance?