Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Look at What's Ahead



The roller coaster isn't slowing down.  I'm happy I survived some wild twists and turns.  The challenge now is to stay buckled in and keep the momentum going.  Here's a preview of what's ahead for this blog:

  1. I'm going to focus this blog on life in my new hometown.  There are some fascinating people all around me and I'm hoping to interview some of them in future blog stories.
  2. There are some exciting things happening in the Midwest.  Look for some blogs about how the Midwest is changing.
  3. The biggest buzz in the area is all about the new Costco coming to the Iowa City area.  I would like to interview some of the people in the community and share stories about why they are so excited.  This company does zero advertising yet everyone around me is talking about it.  
  4. There are some key people who donated their time, treasure and talent to make my new hometown what it is today.  I recently learned that 40% of the world's corn comes from seed originating in Williamsburg.  The family behind this amazing success story is responsible for putting this small town on the map.  My hope is to secure an interview with the family and report on how they live the American dream.
  5. Please send me feedback about what you would like to see in the next 1,000 days of this blog.  You can leave a comment below or send me an email.  My future stories will be based on what you would like to see.  Thanks for your support.

No comments: