Here's how I'm dealing with change:
- Keep a positive attitude. There are good things and bad things in any change. I choose to focus on the benefits of our relocation.
- Keep in touch with old friends. This blog is my way of keeping my friends informed about my transition.
- Get involved in the community. I tend to go overboard with this and one lesson I learned about volunteering is there is a balance. I joined the "friends of the library" because I believe libraries inspire readers; without readers, writers would not be able to exist.
- Change is part of the process of life. There can be no Spring without first having a Winter. Each season has something to offer. Appreciate every season.
- Follow your heart. I know in my heart this move is the best thing for my entire family. I appreciate the warm glow my wife exudes. She is getting the opportunity to be close to her family.