Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Rough Waters



My new life in Iowa is much like a Kern River adventure I experienced with my oldest son.  The first time we were in a raft with a guide and some other rafters.  The river was flowing at a rapid pace and we nearly got tossed out of the stage IV rapids.  The second time through, we opted for a two-man kayak.  We ended up outside the kayak a couple of times when our kayak hit some rough waters.

The best part of the adventure is when you hit turbulent waters.  When you are on an unknown river, it adds to the thrill of the ride.  There are plenty of rivers in Iowa and I look forward to some trips with other family members.  For now, I must navigate the river of my life.  I'm finding myself in the water at times with my kayak flipped over.  There are more rapids ahead.  Stay tuned for the rest of the story.

How do you handle times in your life when you experience rough waters?  Please add your thoughts in the comments section below.

No comments: