Friday, June 1, 2012

The Circle of Life



I see my life as a journey that goes through a circle of life.  It started when she said yes in a small church in Parnell, Iowa, population 200.  She was born there and left home at 18 to find someone not related to her.  I'm that lucky man.  My wife to be asked for our wedding to take place in her hometown.  "All you have to do is show up," she said with a smile.  "The whole town will help with the organizing."

Nearly twenty-three years later, I'm back in Iowa.  Her birthplace is just five miles to the south of us.  And the circle of life is complete.  My wife and I are now connected to her hometown and we are here to stay.  Life is good.

Have you ever experienced returning to your roots?  What was it like for you to move away and then return years later?  Please share your story in the comments section below.

No comments: