Saturday, June 9, 2012

Everywhere I Go

My buddy, Wilson, has his own street named after him in my new hometown.


It didn't last long.  Anonymity.  Everywhere I go, I meet someone connected to my wife, her family, or her friends.  Just as my hometown is at the root of 40% of the world's corn, each person I meet is also a part of her heritage.  Even the elementary school is named after her relatives.  A street on the town square bears her name.  The only thing missing is the paparazzi.  That's a good thing.  My family really prefers privacy.  When photos are needed, my inanimate buddies, Wilson, Ramona and Umbro are readily available.

Perhaps our paths will cross one day and we will meet in person.  Would you like to share about some of the places you like to visit everywhere you go?  Your comments are much appreciated.

No comments: