Friday, November 20, 2009

Team Work

Yesterday I listened to some CD's by Zig Ziglar. I found them at the office while I was searching for file folders to get my desk organized. Zig told the story about how much weight a horse can pull all by itself. The interesting thing about horses is that when you put two together the total weight they can pull as a team is more than what they can do individually. Once some training is added, the team can reach almost three times the productivity.

I am so thankful for the team of people I am around every day. Our achievements come from a desire to work together and help each other. One partner shared the treasure box with me (see yesterday's post) and that will allow my family to save money on groceries. Another partner shared how he is able to buy food from a restaurant wholesaler and he is going to share some pointers with me.

Our Zoom Autos magazines are being delivered in Las Vegas starting today. This is because of team work. The people in our Salt Lake city office reached out and helped the people in Las Vegas so they could have a successful launch. Our staff in San Diego is handling all of the production duties and they continue to work in harmony.

The biggest lesson I have learned from working on a team is that so much more can be accomplished when the team figures out how to work together in an efficient manner, called synergy. This lesson also applies to families. It starts with communication. Give your kids and your spouse an extra hug today and let them know how much you love them and watch them flourish. Thank the people you work with for all they do. Have a great day.

No comments: