Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Imaginary Wall

My time in the cave was a time of preparation. The world around me seems so different now that I am free. My vision appears to be better. I can see past the imaginary walls that most of us put up. I recall all the times when I was like the young elephant that is chained to a post. Once he realizes that there is no escape he gives up. He no longer tries even though he gains strength as he grows. His "wall" tells him he is trapped, so he forgets about freedom.

If you are serious about living your dreams, you have to find a way to deal with the imaginary wall that is in your head. This includes that little voice that tells you that you are going to fail. Remember the tennis player that I met in high school? His wall was that "lefties" were superior and could not be defeated. He let negative past experiences convince him that he was doomed.

I have met a few people in my life that don't really want me to break through the wall. They know that if I break through the barrier, my life will change. That means they may also need to change once the wall has been destroyed. It means coming out of a comfort zone.

Beware of others who try to convince you that the wall in front of you cannot be overcome. Surround yourself with those who can see past the walls. These are the people that can encourage you to follow your dreams. Are you ready to improve your vision?

No comments: