Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Frog in Hot Water

Did you know that a frog can boil to death? It doesn't happen when he jumps into scalding water because he quickly jumps out; it happens when the water temperature is raised one degree at a time. The climate around the frog changes so slowly that the frog never realizes the danger he is in.

My time in the cave has made me more sensitive to the climate around me. Like the blog yesterday about the bricks of protection, danger usually sneaks in, one brick at a time or one degree at a time.

The lesson here is to watch the temperature of the hot water you are in. It applies to all areas of your life. Pay attention to the warning signs. If you can get out of the hot water before it is too late, you can live a long and fulfilling life.

I wanted to thank my accountability partners for keeping an eye on my water temperature. It really helps to know that other people care. May you also be Blessed with people in your life that will keep you out of hot water. Have a great day!

No comments: