Saturday, October 17, 2009

Are You the Lost Piece of the Puzzle?

Something strange just happened as I was starting this blog, I accidentally hit the wrong button and the post got published with only the title. If you read the title this morning and did not see the blog, I wonder what might have been going through your head as you were looking for today's message.

If you are reading this and you feel that your relationships are great and you know why you are on this planet, you can skip today's blog. If you feel lost and disconnected, then you are at the right place.

Allow me to share a little bit about my relationships first so that you can understand I am only a messenger here. Without getting specific, I am struggling with some people in my life that are close to me. I realize that my time in the cave damaged relationships with people around me that I love. I spent so much time and energy starting a business that I stopped paying attention to friends and family members. If you are one of these people, please accept my apology for not being there for you.

Maybe you have read some of my stories, and you find my past behavior repulsive. I also find my past behavior hypocritical and ugly. I realize that I am still a work in progress. If you are one of the pieces of the puzzle that is stuck next to me, please forgive me if I have offended you. I am happy to be outside the cave but some of you may want me to return. That is not going to happen. I understand why I am here and I will do my best to work on my relationships with the people I am to be connected to.

The only credibility that I have for today's blog is that I know how bad it feels to be lost. I know the pain of watching someone I love lose a battle with cancer. More than anything else in this world, I know the pain you are feeling in your heart because you feel your burdens are too heavy or you feel that you don't belong in God's puzzle. Maybe you hate the pieces of the puzzle that are around you or you feel that all the other pieces hate you. I've been there too. Be patient. God is not done with you and He is not done with the other pieces either. He has a plan for all of us and He just wants us to trust Him.

The lesson for today is for us to know just how involved the Creator is in our lives. He sent His only Son to die for us so that we could be re-connected with our Father. There is no greater love than to die for another. He will leave the other ninety nine to search for you, the one who is disconnected from the puzzle. He will put people in your life to help you find your place in the puzzle. You are the only one who can fit the very place in the puzzle that has been reserved just for you. God's puzzle is not complete without you.

You are a special part of God's plan. Start by accepting the other pieces of the puzzle, even if they have shortcomings. If you are holding a grudge, let go of it. It is time for you to come out of your cave. The door is open...

No comments: