Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Gift for Our Military

I little birdie told me that this blog has found its way to members or our military oversees. There is a special place in my heart for you. You are separated from your loved ones and you are dealing with dangerous conditions so that our freedom can be protected. I just wanted to say thank you. You also have the support of all of us at ZoomAutos.com.

Many of our customers that we serve also want you to know how much you are appreciated. If your home base is in southern California, make sure you pick up a Zoom Autos magazine when you come home. We recently got permission to place Zoom on all the bases in San Diego County. You will see many dealers who support you. They will help you or your family when you need a vehicle. You can also find us online.

One of my buddies told me that his son made it through his deployment by memorizing two passages in the Bible. The first is Psalm 91. You can find it by looking at my post from 9/11. The second passage is 1 Corinthians 13:1-13. This may comfort you in your time away from those you love.

May God protect you while you are defending our freedom. We look forward to your safe return. You have our prayers and you are loved. Here is your gift, it comes from the One who created you and who is protecting you...

1 Corinthians 13:1-13

If I speak in the tongues of men and angels,
but have not love,
I have become sounding brass or a tinkling symbol.

And if I have prophecy and know all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have all faith so as to remove mountains,
but have not love, I am nothing.

And if I dole out all my goods, and
if I deliver my body that I may boast
but have not love, nothing I am profited.

Love is long suffering,
love is kind,
it is not jealous,
love does not boast,
it is not inflated.

It is not discourteous,
it is not selfish,
it is not irritable,
it does not enumerate the evil.
It does not rejoice over the wrong, but rejoices in the truth


It covers all things,
it has faith for all things,
it hopes in all things,
it endures in all things.

Love never falls in ruins;
but whether prophecies, they will be abolished; or
tongues, they will cease; or
knowledge, it will be superseded.

For we know in part and we prophecy in part.

But when the perfect comes, the imperfect will be superseded.

When I was an infant,
I spoke as an infant,
I reckoned as an infant;

when I became [an adult],
I abolished the things of the infant.

For now we see through a mirror in an enigma, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know as also I was fully known.

But now remains
faith, hope, love,

these three;

but the greatest of these is love.


No comments: