Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Gas Tank

My gas tank represents my energy supply for my mind and body. When the tank is full, I can go far. My tank runs on positive thoughts, healthy food, exercise, and rest.

Negative energy can drain my tank quickly. It may come from dealing with someone who has a bad attitude. Have you ever noticed how drained you feel after being around a person that only knows complaining, criticizing and condemning? These people suck the life energy right out of me and if I don't refill my tank, I get into big trouble.

The good news is that there are plenty of gas stations in our world. I get premium gas at my local church once a week. If I miss filling up my tank, the week is much harder to get through.

For me, rest is more important than ever. Simple things, like taking a day off once a week, or taking a walk in the middle of the day, allow me to recharge. Having a conversation with one of my accountability partners helps me to get my focus back. A night on the tennis courts helps to fill the tank after a challenging day.

Check your gas gauge. If you find yourself running on fumes, make some changes in your routine. Keep your tank full so you will be prepared when you have a long day. Surround yourself with positive people and hit the accelerator when negative people try to steal your gas.

No comments: