Friday, April 9, 2021

Writer's Block Cured

 I found the root of my writer's block.  It wasn't what I expected.  I thought it was related to all the obstacles I'm facing, like the legal challenges related to not owning the rights to Wilson's image.  Wilson is the main character in "The Adventures of Wilson."  It's a story about all the people we meet on our journeys.  I kept thinking, "How can I publish this book if I'm under the threat of a lawsuit?"  There were many other potential show stoppers, like the pandemic that pretty much ended my opportunity to add more chapters.  None of these issues were the root cause.  They were only symptoms.  The real problem with my writer's block is fear.  Yes, fear.  As much as I try to paint of picture of not being afraid, this fear thing is stuck to me like a shadow that will never leave.  I broke free.  The solution was to step into the unknown and share my challenges for all the world to see.  It worked.  My creativity is overflowing.  It feels so good.

I'm waking up every morning without an alarm.  Ideas are coming to me during my morning meditation.  These ideas are way out there in that unknown place I referred to in my first "5 Minutes with Mulligan" YouTube video.  They are so far away from me that I can barely make them out with my flashlight.  They are beaconing me to go deeper into the unknown.  The funny thing about the darkness is that my shadow is no longer visible.  Sound scary?  It is.  I'm okay with this.  Why?  Because I see a way to complete my projects.  It's now 5:35 AM in my time zone.  It's time to jot down my thoughts for circumventing fear and crossing the finish line.  Thanks for staying with me.  Have a great day.

No comments: