Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Happy September

 It's a new fiscal year at my day job.  My teammates and I have been adjusting to all the necessary changes we've been undergoing to adapt during a pandemic.  These last six months have been extraordinary.  On the household front, the year is now 2/3 complete.  My wife and I are planning ahead for the eventual adoption of Lucy, our travel home on wheels.  The adoption won't be complete until early 2022 when we reach the finish line of our most daunting goal since we got married thirty-one years ago, financial freedom.  This is a happy September for us because we can finally see a clear path to financial independence.  The last obstacle is our mortgage and we're doing our best to stay on par every month until we officially say goodbye to our bank.

My wife read something this morning about how this is the best time of year to start working on your goals as opposed to waiting until the traditional start of the new year on January 1.  I'm going to challenge myself to build a mobile home on wheels that is fully self-contained.  There is so much to explore in the area we live and I'm getting really excited to turn this dream into a reality.  There will be plenty of updates along the way and I promise to share more here on this blog.  Have a great day and a happy September.  

No comments: