Thursday, September 24, 2020

Debt-Snowball Method is on a Roll

Our debt seemed so massive eight years ago.  That's when my wife checked out a debt reduction book from the library by Dave Ramsey.  His quote struck me in the heart and reverberated all the way to my empty wallet.  "You need to live like no one else so you can live like no one else," he said.  That's when we had a serious conversation about our finances.  We chose the debt-snowball method, paying our smallest balances off first, then moving on the bigger ones.  I came up with a debt reduction game I call "Par for the Course."  The idea is to track my wins and losses each month similar to the way golfers track their scores.  The game covers the final stages of the debt snowball method we've been using ever since our relocation to the Midwest.  We are now within 90 days of reaching a milestone I once believed only existed in fairy tales for our family.  We've chipped away at all our debts, cut out senseless monthly expenditures, and soon will face one last debt, our mortgage.  It's getting exciting now.  Perseverance pays.  So does debt reduction.  Stay tuned for more progress reports.  Have a great day.

No comments: