Friday, September 25, 2020

Set Yourself Up for the Roaring 20's

If you take a look at history, everything goes in cycles.  For me, it's much easier to get through the challenging times when I take a look behind and remember the positive turns in my life.  History helps us to see events in cycles.  Nothing ever remains the same.  There is constant motion.  I do my best to learn the lessons that are available in the down cycles and apply those lessons to the good times.

Four years from today, those nasty political ads will be back.  Both sides will argue that it's the most important election cycle in history.  Eight years from today it will be repeated again.  Somewhere in between, we will have good markets and bad markets.  Either way, this decade will be roaring.  Will it be a repeat of what the world remembers after the Spanish flu pandemic ended one hundred years ago?  Is it possible to see another Great Depression in the next ten years?  I don't know.  What I do know is that living within your means, even in times of scarcity, sets your household up for the good times ahead.  Be prepared.  Take charge of your finances.  Have a great day.

No comments: