Saturday, September 12, 2020

Lessons from the Pandemic

Some of the best lessons are learned in our most difficult situations.  In my opinion, this pandemic we are dealing with offers some amazing opportunities to learn and adapt.  I recall family road trips when we were raising our children.  We often heard voices from the back seat inquiring, "Are we there yet?"  We may be asking ourselves the same question about when this pandemic will end.  "Are we there yet?"  

No one knows the answer.  I have a feeling this is going to be a long haul.  I'm learning new habits and new mental approaches to help me cope.  Patience is important.  I have new rituals I go through every time I come home including taking my shoes off at the front door and washing my hands before I kiss my wife.  As much as I enjoy shaking hands, I now keep my distance and present my elbow as a sort of "virtual handshake."  Eating at home is the new norm.  

My hope for our world is that we help each other cope with all the changes we need to make to survive.  Keeping in touch doesn't need to be in person.  There is much to appreciate in this world while we wait for the pandemic to come to a conclusion.  Have a great day.

No comments: