Friday, September 11, 2020

600 Days to Go

The finish line is in sight.  My debt reduction game I've been playing since the beginning of last year is going really well now that I've learned from all the mistakes I made during the first year playing "Par for the Course."  The way the game works, I track how much I pay extra towards my mortgage every two weeks and give myself a score similar to playing golf.  If I hit the monthly goal, I record a par for the month.  Fall below the goal and I record a bogey.  Exceed the goal and I earn an eagle.  There haven't been any eagles yet and the bogeys were everywhere in the first year.  Now that the game is on cruise control, I can predict the month that I will cross the finish line.  It looks like the celebration will take place in April 2022.  That's about 600 days from today if I can refrain from any more bogeys.

I'm really happy I decided to turn financial freedom into a game instead of some kind of chore.  My attitude plays a big role.  For me, giving up is not an option.  Like any goal, more obstacles appear than you can predict and that's okay as long as you get creative in finding ways to keep moving forward.  Debt reduction doesn't have to be painful.  There are ways to make it fun for the family.  I'm finding great joy playing Par for the Course and plan to share more about this with anyone who wants to have more fun while pursuing worthwhile goals.  Feel free to check in from time to time to see what's happening on this incredible journey.  Have a great day.

No comments: