Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Celebrating One Year with No Headaches

 It's been a full year since I last had a headache.  Today's story is not going to be popular with the people who make the pills we turn to when our heads begin to throb.  I can't tell you exactly why this happened to me because I made several lifestyle changes at the same time and don't know if one or all of these modifications helped me to end my reliance on pills.  It's always a great idea to consult your doctor any time you get ready to experiment.  These are the changes I made that helped me get rid of all my headaches:

1.  No more TV.  I cut the cable and stopped all the negativity.  

2.  Daily meditation.  I haven't missed a session in the last year since I began last September.  My minimum allotted time is thirty minutes every morning.

3.  No more processed foods.  If my food is God made, I consume it.  If fake ingredients disguised as food are added, I do my best to avoid it or keep it to a bare minimum.  Eating at home helps because I know exactly what I'm eating.

4.  Pay attention to the triggers.  This one is big.  If you can see a trigger coming at you that is going to cause anxiety, cut it off before it damages your state of being.  Learn to spot a trigger while it's still far off so it can't hurt you.

5.  Be thankful.  It's really hard to get a headache when you're busy appreciating all the blessings in your life.  

I'm wishing you an anxiety-free and pain-free life.  Try these ideas and see what happens.  It's about time for my annual physical.  I can't wait to share this with my doctor.  Have a great day.

No comments: