Friday, September 18, 2020

Roxy Crosses the Finish Line Today

One hundred or so dog years is a long time.  If our son's pet Chihuahua, a birthday gift he received when he turned 12,  could talk about her life, she would have much to say.  I have this feeling in my gut she would say, "Thank you."  She has seen it all... two wildfires while living with us in Southern California, a cross country trip in a moving van, and the patience of a saint while waiting for her master to come home from his overseas adventures in the army.  The master is home today to help Roxy cross the finish line this afternoon.  She will be welcomed into Heaven by our first two pets, Lady and Lucky, who have been waiting a long time to be reunited with Roxy.

My wife and I have been the temporary custodians for our son's beloved pet during the latter part of her amazing life.  This is a hard one for us.  It goes straight to our hearts.  I'm so thankful that time off has been granted for my wife and me to support our son in the final moments.  Roxy has been at my side for nearly every blog story I've written.  She was written in as a character in "The Caveman in the Mirror."  Roxy grieved with us when we said goodbye to Lady and Lucky before departing California over fifty-six dog years ago.  Thank you, Roxy, for your service to Shane and all of us in our household.  Your time with us will be remembered for the rest of our lives.  Until we meet again.  Way to live your life to the fullest.  Have a great day.

No comments: