Tuesday, May 18, 2021

My Morning Meditations Got an Upgrade

 


The image you see here is from the deep recesses of my brain.  It came to me while in a morning meditation.  They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks but my 60year-old brain isn't listening.  If you look closely, you can see some hearts.  They are geographic locations from my past, present, and future.  They may not mean much to the outside world.  They mean everything to me.  While I was meditating a thought popped into my head.  It started at Norris Hot Springs where I visited with family during our Montana visit to see our youngest son graduate.   This is the first energy center where my meditation begins.  The second heart is located in the Cascades in Washington.  I visit a past memory there where I'm backpacking with our daughter.  We're eating smores while sipping hot chocolate.  The third energy center on the grid is in my sister's backyard in Southern California.  My dad is barbecuing his world-famous hamburgers on the Weber Grill, his last barbecue on the planet.  There is great electricity in this third energy center.

The fourth heart is in the center of the infiniti symbol.  This is where I live currently.  This is the center of my heart and represents my life in the present moment.  This is my happy place.  The 5th heart location is located in Banff, Alberta, Canada.  This energy center is found in the center of my throat.  While meditating, a single drop of water falls into the turquoise-colored Lake Louise, created by "rock flour" from the glaciers.  That drop of water sends ripples to the ends of the earth including energy centers 6,7, and 8, all at future locations I will visit someday.  

Speaking of the future, energy center #6 is in the "magical forest" in Glendalough, Ireland.  There may not be any acorns there but I see one in my mind dropping from one of the tall and slender trees towering above.  This acorn is my spiritual connection to the far-off places we cannot see.  From there, I drift to Tuscany in Italy.  I visualize a scene from the Gladiator while Hans Zimmer music is playing in the background.  I'm seated with my wife in a prairie field with tall blades of grass swaying in the breeze.  We're having an Italian meal while the sun sets on the horizon.  A single blue Lotus flower springs forth out of the prairie fields with a scent like lavender.  My senses are fully alive.  From there, my mind drifts to the final energy center on the map located in Iceland.  I'm there with the family in a hot tub looking up at the Northern Lights, my connection to the world beyond.  

Maui gets an honorable mention here even though it's not pictured in the image above.  When the island is observed from above, it has the appearance of another infiniti symbol created from two volcanoes.  I placed a heart in the center of this symbol because that's where I asked my wife to marry me in Kihei on a deserted beach.  Hawaii also has an 808 area code.  This is fitting because it inspired the 808 in my blog, Socalmulligan808.  

It's safe to say I have no idea what I'm doing with these daily meditations.  They are like an experiment.  I find myself emptying out all the past hurts and clearing my head of any current struggles.  My writer's block is deceased.  I'm celebrating new beginnings which are represented by the Phoenix bird that rises from the flames in my second energy center.  I'm reminded that Jesus has no beginning and no end.  He is the alpha and the omega.  Perhaps he sent me these images I see in my mind while I'm free of the distractions of the world.  I'm happy with the upgrades.  Give meditation a try if you're seeking peace in your life.  Seek and you shall find.  It's magical.  Have a great day.

No comments: