Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Introducing My Publicist, Angela



 Longtime family friend and neighbor from one street over, Mrs. DeBusk, joined us at our table and I introduced Angela as my publicist.  "How long have you known each other?"  asked my neighbor.  We were all gathered together in Phoenix to give a farewell party to Robbie, who is now living the final chapter of his life on this planet.  Aunt Chilada's was buzzing with well wishers who came to see Robbie one last time.  This was Robbie's final request to his friends and they responded with great enthusiasm.

"We just met tonight,"  I replied to Mrs. DeBusk.  Sounds strange, doesn't it?  You may be reading this and thinking to yourself, there he goes again.  Looks like Michael's back in the magical forest with his magical creatures.  If that's what you're thinking, you're exactly right.  I am back, back in my basement studio after a quick trip to my childhood stomping ground.  My head is still spinning.  Not like that scene from the Exorcist where the girl's head was spinning, but mental head spinning as in bewilderment.  I think my new publicist may have to sort out all the details of our meeting because I'm still processing.  All I can say is this new alliance is meant to be.  We'll share more about what publicists do and how she's going to help me in a future post.  All I want to say now is, thank you, Angela Gee Koop Cleveland, for volunteering to be my publicist.  Welcome to the magical forest.  Stay tuned for the rest of the story.  Have a great day.

No comments: