Monday, May 24, 2021

My Magical Forest is Becoming Hauntingly Familiar

 Before I begin today, here's the backstory about one of my favorite daily meditation areas located across the pond in Ireland.  One of my bosses coined the phrases, "magical forest," and "magical creatures"  in an effort to describe my strange ways to others.  The longer I live, the more I understand why my boss perceives my behavior as so quirky.  I found a music globe on a shelf in our dining room that seemed fitting for display as my magical forest backdrop in my first YouTube video, "5 Minutes with Mulligan."  Glendalough has deep spiritual roots dating back to the 6th century.  A monk named Kevin got everything started in what is now a popular hiking destination for tourists.  Turns out Kevin became a saint.  

I'm going really deep in my meditations these days.  This is accomplished by tapping into all five of my senses while inside each energy center.  I recently added geography to the energy centers to increase the intensity.  Some locations I use from past vacations.  Others, like Glendalough shown inside our music globe, are bucket list sites I plan to visit in the future.  This gentleman I'm getting meditation ideas from introduced me to the use of symbols for each of the eight energy centers.  Glendalough seemed ideal for my 6th energy center because it has a forest that pairs nicely with the acorn symbol he suggested.   I had no idea real acorns grow in this glacial valley when I chose Glendalough.  By the way, I also had no idea lotus flowers bloom in Tuscany (my 7th energy center) but they do and the lotus flower happens to be the symbol I'm using.  Here's another tidbit – the folks who gathered at Glendalough centuries ago worked on manuscripts and held workshops.  St. Kevin devoted much of his time to writing about his thoughts.  His writings deal with fighting "knights," most likely battles with his own temptations.  If Kevin were alive today in our time period, I have a feeling he would be blogging from the round tower overlooking Glendalough.  And, if I were alive during Kevin's time period, perhaps I would have spent numerous days fighting my own "knights" on the trails connecting the two lakes in the area.  I may have inhabited the very cave Kevin called home for several years.  Anyway, the more I visit Glendalough in my mind the more recognizable the surroundings become.  Yes, it's becoming hauntingly familiar.  Have a great day.


No comments: